Welcome to the Netify Developer documentation. There are three distinct parts to the Netify solution:
- The on-premise Netify DPI Agent performs deep packet inspection and analysis on the local network
- The cloud-based Netify Informatics API provides enterprise network analysis via AI-based network intelligence
- The Netify Data Feeds provide network intelligence on applications, protocols, domains, and IPs
You can find more developer information on each of these topics below.
The open-source netifyd daemon performs the underlying deep packet inspection (DPI) and network analysis. The daemon provides all the heavy lifting used not only by Netify's cloud-based informatics engine but also for firewall/QoS integration and other third-party solutions.
- Detects over 200 protocols
- Detects applications: Facebook, Netflix, etc.
- Deconstructs DNS packets
- Decodes SSL, DHCP, and many others
- Provides JSON hook for firewall/QoS
- Works under a small footprint
- and more
The open-source code is ready to use on various popular Linux distributions, FreeBSD, OpenWRT, Raspberry Pi, and more.Learn More »
Netify Informatics uses a combination of machine learning and network processing to analyze the network metadata from the Netify DPI engine. The results are available through the Netify Informatics API, making it ideal for integrating into other business applications or custom platforms.
- Device discovery
- Risk analysis
- Geolocation information
- Network events
- Historical forensic details
- Historical bandwidth data
- and more
The Netify Informatics API is built around the REST web services concepts so you can get started quickly using standard off-the-shelf tools.Learn More »
The Netify Data Feeds provide network intelligence for applications, protocols, domains, and IP addresses. The information is available through an API, making it ideal for integrating into other business analysis platforms, policy engines, cybersecurity solutions, and more.
- REST-based API with JSON payloads
- Application behavior data
- IP data for routing policies
- Domain and hostname analysis
- Protocol and port statistics
- Geolocation and CDN insights
- and more
The Netify Data Feeds API is built around the REST web services concepts so you can get started quickly using standard off-the-shelf tools.Learn More »