Welcome to the Netify Developer documentation. There are two distinct parts to the Netify solution:
- The on-premise Netify DPI Agent that performs deep packet inspection and analysis on your network
- The cloud-based Netify Informatics API that provides network analysis via AI-based network intelligence
You can find more developer information on each of these two parts below.
The open source netifyd daemon performs the underlying deep packet inspection (DPI) and network analysis. This standalone daemon provides all the heavy lifting that is not only used by Netify's cloud-based informatics engine, but also used for firewall/QoS integration and other third party software.
- Detects over 190 protocols
- Detects applications: Facebook, Netflix, etc.
- Deconstructs DNS packets
- Decodes SSL, DHCP and many others
- Provides JSON hook for firewall/QoS
- Works under a small footprint
- and more..
The open source code is ready to use on various popular Linux distributions, FreeBSD, OpenWRT, Raspberry Pi and more.Learn More »
The Netify Intelligence Engine processes the network metadata by using a combination of machine learning and network analysis. The information is available through the Netify Informatics API, making it ideal for integrating into other business applications or custom platforms you may be using.
- REST-based API with JSON payloads
- Banwidth data in every shape and size
- Device discovery
- Network intelligence via machine learning
- Lookup information on protocols and apps
- Device tagging and naming
- and more..
The Netify Informatics API is built around the REST web services concepts so you can get started quickly using standard off-the-shelf tools.Learn More »