Authentication and Authorization
Though some of the Netify API endpoints are public, most require authentication and authorization. Generally, you will need two pieces of information to access the Netify API:
- An API token or API key for authentication and authorization.
- An asset key to identify the the data resource (e.g. site: Toronto main office).
Both of these pieces of information can be passed via the API HTTPS request header:
- API key/token: x-api-key
- Asset key: x-net-organization or x-net-site
We offer two types of API access:
- An account-level API token for accessing your own data
- A vendor-level API key for accessing data via a central management system
Account API Token
The account-level API token provides developer access to your data. It's designed to let you kick the tires and provide a way to create a proof of concept. You can retrieve an API token via your Netify account:
- Click on Account and Billing in the top menu
- Click on Account > API Access in the left menu
The token is valid for 14 days, but you can always retrieve a new token when you log into your account. Please contact us for other API token options.
Vendor API Key
For integrators who use Netify for internal products and centrally-managed systems, we also provide private data stores and API endpoints that can be access via a vendor API key. Please contact us for details.