Netify Informatics - Bandwidth Analysis
Being able to visualize traffic patterns and consumption on the network is critical whether you're a network provider, business owner, or a network admin who's responsible for ensuring that everything runs smoothly.
The Netify Informatics bandwidth usage monitoring engine doesn't just count data packets going through the network. The solution provides a customizable analysis that lets you quickly understand and resolve issues related to bandwidth usage by application, protocol, geolocation and dozens of other fields.
The Informatics bandwidth analysis and APIs help you to:
- View real-time and historical bandwidth usage
- Identify subscribers, users and/or devices over-consuming network resources
- Visualize bandwidth usage by customizable filters
- Proactively address network bottlenecks
- Assist with capacity planning
Unlike other bandwidth reporting engines, Netify's deep packet inspection (DPI) engine classifies and categorizes network traffic by application, protocol, device, geolocation, and many other network properties. When combined with Netify Informatics filters and historical charting APIs, pulling business intelligence on network traffic data has never been easier.
How Bandwidth Knowledge Helps
Network bandwidth - the ability to upload and download data that drives today's business - is finite. As with any limited resource, making the most efficient use of what you have is key.
Even a few users streaming high definition video, using peer-to-peer file sharing services or viewing inappropriate web content can quickly saturate network data flows. This non-essential (or prohibited) traffic can have impact end-users in many ways:
- Performance issues with competing business-critical platforms like VoIP, video conferencing, and remote access
- Reduced company productivity
- Increased legal liability and exposure to cyber-security threats