Over 200 Known Network Protocols Classified
Compared to traditional packet analysis tools, Netify provides a much deeper analysis into data flows on your network, including encrypted traffic and applications that try to disguise their presence.
Netify’s protocol detection feature is built upon the high-performance Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) engine from ntop - an open-source, high quality and community-driven project.
Using Netify's protocol detection, you can expect to detect:
- File sharing applications (e.g. BitTorrent)
- Google’s QUIC protocol used for hangouts and VoIP telephony services
- Online gaming (e.g. Battlefield, Quake, WoW)
- Instant messaging (e.g. Jabber, IRC, Twitter)
- Media (e.g. Spotify, SHOUTcast, PPStream)
- Remote desktop (e.g. Teamviewer, Citrix Online, RDP)
- More than 200 additional commonly-used protocols
Being able to quickly identify and classify different kinds of protocols in your netflow traffic lets you pinpoint issues - like network congestions or suspicious activity - back to a specific application or device.
Your Network, Your Rules
Certain network protocols - and applications behind them, like peer-to-peer file sharing sites and VPN services - can be used to break company rules governing Internet usage.
Netify’s DPI engine, combined with cloud-based machine learning analysis, provides any company with a straightforward, economical way to enact a "trust-but-verify" policy on its network.
Learn more about how Netify’s protocol detection can be used to increase productivity and decrease the threat of cyber-security events occurring on your network.